this is what my mother says when she is getting ready to go out, "i must go arrange my face" or she says the ever popular, "i must go put on my face". well, i must do the same as i have found myself in possession of some blog awards. i can't think that i deserve any trophies but this is hollywood and these things sometimes happen. amy, from ADDled who i'm very fond of and anna from The Silent Isle who i feel myself becoming very fond of and chris from Life Your Way who i'm practically married to, have bestowed upon me some fabulous hardware and made me sausage queen for a day. i also know that kate, who i feel very maternal towards, from nested presented me with one a bit ago but i think that may have expired. i decided to use my two versatile blog awards, from amy and jane, as breast plates and the blog of the year from chris to cover my lady bits. if my nod from kate is still effective i'll be fashioning it into a shield of some sort
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger are:
2) Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post
3) Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and include a link to their site.
4) Let them know you have nominated
(1) thank you amy, anna, chris and a belated thank you to kate. these are all lovely talented women and i appreciate their support and encouragement. go show them some love.
(3) em at http://dartmoorramblings.blogspot.ca/
debra at http://shewhoseeks.blogspot.ca/
cindy at http://starlitstudio.typepad.com/
jenn at http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca/
why! because i like them.
(5) seven random facts about myself
1. i got into massive amounts of trouble in the 3rd grade for organizing a easter egg hunt on the playground for the Jehovah witness students.
2. i didn't know who the bloggess was until recently. and if i'm being honest, she's no sedaris. she seems a bit mean. maybe i'll warm up to her. maybe not. please don't hate me kate.
3. i peed on the plains of abraham when i was a little girl. for those who did not study canada's past - in 1759 english and french armies fought on the plains of abraham (in quebec) for control of this part of the world. the land belonged to a farmer named abraham hence the name. this "voiding" of mine has become a point of pride for my mother. whenever canadian history is brought up mom says, "you'd never believe it, but beverly peed on the plains of abraham. she just up and said she couldn't hold it anymore and she pulled her pants down and let it go, right there on the ground." now, hopefully i have done many things in my life that should have merited my mother's pride but apparently open-air urination on a historical battlefield is the one that stuck.
4. i am rarely angry. i get my ass up sometimes but it never last long. i will cheerfully argue someone to death and the fact that people often want to kill me is a source of joy to me.
5. i unknowingly gave someone a book for christmas that contained instructions for making a portable pussy. i guess this information is important if one should find themselves alone in the wilderness and feel the need to make love. i thought i was giving someone a survival book and if i had any sense of dignity i would be embarrassed but alas - not so much
6. in my tiny effort to make the world a better place i visit a residence several times a month and at that residence there lives a chihuahua named buddy and i'm bitten by that chihuahua named buddy at least 3 times between the car and residence. buddy does not trust police officers and apparently me. when i get out the car now i say "jesus christ buddy, just get it over with". i'm staring to look forward to my interaction with him and i make no attempts to gain his trust. i like our relationship the way it is.
7. i'm addicted to le labo perfume thanks to my god damn sister/friend whose name rhymes with busy. i'm just goofing around about her being damned by god, she's really quite lovely and sweet - it's just i can't remember what i smelled like before "another 13" and my visa bill proves this.
and because i don't know the rules for blog of the year, i give you this
currently i'm .............................
reading - wolf hall . i will probably grow old reading this book. the tome chronicles the life of thomas cromwell and his relationship with henry viii. mr cromwell seems to spend rather a great deal of time walking around fingering his illegal copy of the new testament. i have had to google search characters in this book as my knowledge of all the english reformation homeboys is somewhat dusty.
listening - of monsters and men, pitbull, damien rice, florence and the machine unplugged and emiem
watching - ricky gervis show, it crowd and swedish crime drama (very hard to sew and read subtitles)
in love with - charley boorman. well actually the charley boorman from 2008. i thought i was over it but apparently i'm not.
waiting for - the cows to start calving and mr. selfridge to be released on amazon.uk
thinking about - almost nothing except why i love pain medication
eating - oranges and more oranges
doing - swimming 4 hours a week, trying for 5
worrying - about starting my craft blog.
needing - to get my act together
thanks for the love people